“As I arrive into the New Year, with new opportunities beckoning on the horizon, I owe it to my team, myself and my venture to master my time.”
- Self-care – put yourself first
- Reading – find time to self-educate
- Diet & Exercise – like a spiritual commitment
- Cooking – saves money and gives you control
- Team Management – a system for team management
- Business Financials – a review of business financials the first of every month
- Backend – stay on top of your online analytics and marketing performance
- Delegation – you can’t do everything yourself
- External (Non-Team) Meetings & Phone Calls – development and relationship building are good for business
- Waking Up – you get so much more done
- Social Media – keep this to a minimum by scheduling posts
- Milestone Calendar – so my team and I can all be on the same page
Forbes.com. (2017). Don’t Call Them Resolutions: Time Management Hacks For Your Most Successful New Year. [online] Available at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/autumnadeigbo/2016/12/31/dont-call-them-resolutions-time-management-hacks-for-your-most-successful-new-year/#5f269d9651c5 [Accessed 8 Jan. 2017].
Motivation isn’t something you’re born with. It’s not that some people are naturally motivated and others aren’t motivated at all. The big secret is that motivation can be cultivated which means that you too can do something to improve the level of motivation in your life.
1. Starting small helps you get motivated
2. Having a reason “why” helps you stay motivated
3. Your vision of what’s possible helps you keep going
4. Habits are the fuel for motivation
5. Acknowledging your progress is critical
6. Your inner circle impacts your motivation
7. Failure can unleash your motivation
Virtues, V. (2017). 7 Important Things Nobody Tells You About Motivation. [online] Addicted2success.com. Available at: http://addicted2success.com/motivation/7-important-things-nobody-tells-you-about-motivation/ [Accessed 2 Jan. 2017].
5 Productivity Tips From Incredibly Busy People
From former U.S. Army captains to tennis pros, it’s always interesting to learn what kind of strategies highly productive people use to stay on top of their game.
1. Have a single purpose focus
2. Ruthlessly block out distractions
3. Set a strict time limit on meetings
4. Set up productivity rituals
5. Get up earlier
Inc.com. (2014). 5 Productivity Tips From Incredibly Busy People (Infographic). [online] Available at: http://www.inc.com/laura-montini/infographic/5-productivity-tips-from-incredibly-busy-people.html?linkId=9077723&dysig_tid=6db62425e78d463fa2e8820d11a0ae12 [Accessed 8 Jun. 2016].
But is having more hours in the day really the solution? Time is like an empty closet. Somehow it always gets filled. The real answer is figuring out how to manage the time we do have.
– It can be the most difficult word for us to use. But it’s the most important.
Shake it off
– Letting these things fester has a toxic effect on productivity.
– Effective leaders don’t try to do it all. Period.
– Spend time doing what you love, not checking off “to-do” tasks
Brady, B. (2016). It’s Time to Stop Trying to Do it All. [online] Fortune. Available at: http://fortune.com/2016/05/26/fortune-500-principal-financial-time-management/ [Accessed 27 May 2016].