“Take the first 30 minutes of every day to plan your day. Don’t start your day until you complete your time plan. The most important time of your day is the time you schedule to schedule time.”
Debolt, D., Percival, D. and Mathews, J. (2017). How to Manage Time With 10 Tips That Work. [online] Entrepreneur. Available at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/219553 [Accessed 22 Aug. 2017].
A Time Conqueror Insight
This is a great article on Entrepreneur.com and a must read.
Get “Time Conqueror – An empowerment guide” now.
“Time Conqueror” is a research Initiative by Connexions ZA. It contains research on issues related to time management, or rather productivity, that is updated periodically.
It is what it is – an ongoing research project about time management. It gives you references and abstracts for further reading and studying.
Continue reading Time Conqueror – An empowerment guide
“As I arrive into the New Year, with new opportunities beckoning on the horizon, I owe it to my team, myself and my venture to master my time.”
- Self-care – put yourself first
- Reading – find time to self-educate
- Diet & Exercise – like a spiritual commitment
- Cooking – saves money and gives you control
- Team Management – a system for team management
- Business Financials – a review of business financials the first of every month
- Backend – stay on top of your online analytics and marketing performance
- Delegation – you can’t do everything yourself
- External (Non-Team) Meetings & Phone Calls – development and relationship building are good for business
- Waking Up – you get so much more done
- Social Media – keep this to a minimum by scheduling posts
- Milestone Calendar – so my team and I can all be on the same page
Forbes.com. (2017). Don’t Call Them Resolutions: Time Management Hacks For Your Most Successful New Year. [online] Available at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/autumnadeigbo/2016/12/31/dont-call-them-resolutions-time-management-hacks-for-your-most-successful-new-year/#5f269d9651c5 [Accessed 8 Jan. 2017].
Motivation isn’t something you’re born with. It’s not that some people are naturally motivated and others aren’t motivated at all. The big secret is that motivation can be cultivated which means that you too can do something to improve the level of motivation in your life.
1. Starting small helps you get motivated
2. Having a reason “why” helps you stay motivated
3. Your vision of what’s possible helps you keep going
4. Habits are the fuel for motivation
5. Acknowledging your progress is critical
6. Your inner circle impacts your motivation
7. Failure can unleash your motivation
Virtues, V. (2017). 7 Important Things Nobody Tells You About Motivation. [online] Addicted2success.com. Available at: http://addicted2success.com/motivation/7-important-things-nobody-tells-you-about-motivation/ [Accessed 2 Jan. 2017].
If there is one golden thread through all research on effective and successful people it is the fact that they “schedule” their work.
In other words, they have and use a diary, or rather a planner.
Time Conqueror will bring you much more about planning your time and scheduling of it, including setting of your priorities.
To kick off we searched widely and found this unique, and in our estimation excellent, planner.
You may want to have a look at it…
The Goldilocks Rule: Humans experience peak motivation when working on tasks that are right on the edge of their current abilities. Not too hard. Not too easy. Just right.
If we want to break down the mystery of how to stay motivated for the long-term, we could simply say:
- Stick to The Goldilocks Rule and work on tasks of just manageable difficulty.
- Measure your progress and receive immediate feedback whenever possible.
Wanting to improve your life is easy. Sticking with it is a different story. If you want to stay motivated for good, then start with a challenge that is just manageable, measure your progress, and repeat the process.
James Clear. (2016). The Goldilocks Rule: How to Stay Motivated in Life and Business. [online] Available at: http://jamesclear.com/goldilocks-rule [Accessed 29 Dec. 2016].
Big ideas, little details, and everything in between. Anything that matters to you can be captured in a note, ready for when you need it.
Clip web pages and images
Stay organized across platforms
Find text in images
Access notes from all your devices
Offline notebooks on mobile
Save important email in Evernote
Search in Office docs & PDFs
Annotate attached PDFs
Scan and digitize business cards
Present notes with one click
See content related to your notes
Priority customer support
Evernote. (2016). Capture what’s on your mind. [online] Available at: https://evernote.com/ [Accessed 29 Dec. 2016].
5 Productivity Tips From Incredibly Busy People
From former U.S. Army captains to tennis pros, it’s always interesting to learn what kind of strategies highly productive people use to stay on top of their game.
1. Have a single purpose focus
2. Ruthlessly block out distractions
3. Set a strict time limit on meetings
4. Set up productivity rituals
5. Get up earlier
Inc.com. (2014). 5 Productivity Tips From Incredibly Busy People (Infographic). [online] Available at: http://www.inc.com/laura-montini/infographic/5-productivity-tips-from-incredibly-busy-people.html?linkId=9077723&dysig_tid=6db62425e78d463fa2e8820d11a0ae12 [Accessed 8 Jun. 2016].
“Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
Waste some time today, and spend it with the family and loved ones!
Christmas is the season for peace, joy and fellowship with family and friends. May the yuletide spirit fill your heart and home with an abundance of mercy, contentment, laughter and harmony.